Delphi, the mythical oracle of ancient Greece and UNESCO World Heritage site, is set amidst a formidable mountain landscape, where old rural traditions and forgotten crafts are still alive! Avoid the touristic cliches, explore past splendors, discover present-day wonders and experience local life like few travelers do.
IN A NUTSHELL
Ancient glory, natural beauty, mountain living and local surprises. The ancient oracle of Delphi, one of the world’s greatest archaeological sites, sits on the slopes of a beautiful mountain still home to traditional lifestyles and crafts. Explore past splendors, discover present wonders
and experience local life in this very special corner of Greece, like few travelers do.
- Explore Delphi, center of the ancient world
- Discover one of the most interesting villages of Greece, rarely visited by tourists
- Visit one of the last tanners and bellmaker at work
- Meet the locals, who let you in to their everyday life and share their version of Greece with you
- Enjoy a traditional Greek lunch, cooked by the women of the village, under the shade of hundred-years old trees
- Transfer by private a/c vehicle from Athens to Delphi
- Guided walk in an abandoned village in Amfissa
- Visit to a traditional tannery
- Visit of a traditional bell maker (depending on the day and the group)
- Guided tour at the archaeological site and museum of Delphi
- Transfer by private a/c vehicle from Delphi to Athens
- Professional English speaking tour leader
- Licensed English-speaking Guide (Delphi)
- Guided tour of Delphi site & Delphi Museum
- Visit to an old traditional village in Amfissa
- Visit to local tannery
- Snack and water
- Private transfer by a/c vehicle
- Hotel pick up & drop off (for private tours only)
- Petrol, tolls and taxes
- As we want to respect the local communities and disrupt their way of life as little as possible, we refrain from big groups in our shared tours.
- In private tours we offer a pick up and drop off service. In shared tours we set a central meeting point, as a pick-up service will add at least an hour to the total travel time and will cause unnecessary irritation and discomfort to travelers.
- Minimum numbers apply for shared tours. In the event that these are not met, we will let you know 10 days prior to the tour date.